The Kincardine Theatre Guild won five awards at the Western Ontario Drama League festival's gala celebration and award presentation, held Saturday night in Guelph.
The drama league covers a large area, from Tobermory and Owen Sound to Sarnia and Windsor and east to Burlington. It has more than two-dozen member groups.
All five Kincardine Theatre Guild award winners attended the presentation, as well as many theatre guild members to applaud their achievements. Shirley Bieman, president of the theatre guild, is currently the drama league's first vice-president.
Receiving awards for their performances in “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat,” were:
- Phyllis Leighton, Outstanding Cameo Performance
- Jason Geberdt, Most Promising Newcomer
- Bill McLaughlin, Outstanding Lighting Design and Execution
Receiving awards for their performances in “Office Politics,” were:
- Jared Petrie, Outstanding Performance by a Juvenile
- Sarah Hoyland, Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role