St. Anthony’s School addition on-schedule, says board
August 21, 2022
The eight-classroom, four-room child-care addition at St. Anthony’s School in Kincardine is progressing on schedule, and construction will be ongoing throughout the 2022-23 school year.
That’s the word from the Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board in an E-mail message to the Kincardine Record, Friday.
“The school will be open and staff is looking forward to welcoming students back, Tuesday, Sept. 6,” states the board. “Families are encouraged to watch for additional communication from the school during the week of Aug. 29, regarding drop-off, pick-up and busing.”
The board states the addition is being completed in phases, as outlined in the colour-coded drawing plan below:
Phase 1a: Interior modifications to existing school completed after school hours and on weekends (April to June)
Phase 1b: Complete new bus route - work commenced in July, and on schedule to be completed during the summer.
Phase 1c: Relocation of the municipal storm drain to the perimeter of the property before starting Phase 2.
- Can begin after Phase 1 is complete
- New addition building No. 2 (must be substantially complete and able to be occupied by August, 2023)
- All interior and exterior renovations of the existing school to be completed during the school summer break of 2022 (July 1 to Aug. 31) and summer break 2023 (July 1 to Aug. 15)
- ○ Alternately, this work can also happen within any non-instructional hours (i.e. spring breaks, holidays, Christmas break, weekends, after hours, etc.)
Phase 4: Remove existing transformer and install new transformer
- New offices and expansion of the gym (work is to start the summer of 2022)
- Area is to be boarded off to allow access to the existing gym during the school year
- This phase can start anytime in co-ordination with other phasing/interferences
- Installation of the new parking lot
- All remaining site work is to be completed by August, 2023
Phase 6: Renovation of the offices; this phase can start after the completion of Phase 5 and is to be completed by August, 2023
“I am very excited to see all the progress being made and look forward to welcoming back the staff and students in September,” said local trustee Lori Di Castri, board chairperson. “As you know this is not a small project and we have worked for many years to make it a reality.”
For more information on this project, visit the board website at www.bgcdsb.org.
Comment on this story? Click here.
No related stories.